The Arlington Heights Nurses Club was founded in 1938 by the Village Nurse, Miss Martha Jackson. It was the first chapter of it's kind to be organized and incorporated in Illinois. The main purpose was sociability, with that added goal of keeping up-to-date on current events in Nursing.
The Club has grown from the original 16 members to over 80. The same interests and enthusiasm which directed each of us to choose Nursing as our career still brings us together as an organization. Although Nursing has changed and many of us are involved in varied activities of the health care field, we consider ourselves to be just as dedicated and interested in serving our community.
The members take pride in their contribution to the Arlington Heights community and their philanthropic projects that include a community 'lending closet' and Nursing scholarships to deserving students.
Although the equipment stocked in the lending closet has changed over the years, the necessity to have this service has not changed since the Club has been in existence.
The Nursing Scholarship program has assisted numerous Arlington Heights residents who have been accepted to an accredited Nursing program or who are nurses continuing their Nursing education.
The Arlington Heights Nurses Club is dedicated and committed to continuing this tradition of education, philanthropy and community service.
In 2006, The Village of Arlington Heights recognized the Nurses Club significant contribution to Village residents by awarding the club the "Heart of Gold" Volunteerism award.